Manager Price Forecasting
Primary Job Function:
Position is the primary contact for three commercial brand and finance teams for Gross-to-Net sales planning and reporting. Estimate rebates/discounts for products. Provide ad hoc financial analysis as needed. Prepare all required schedules for Plan/Latest Best Estimates (LBE)/Long Range Plan (LRP).
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead all aspects for planning and reporting for franchise’s rebates/discounts for Plan, LBE and LRP.
- Update all monthly and Plan/LBE schedules.
- Assist with routine LBE submissions.
- Take the lead in forecasting all product rebate/discount rate and utilization for all payer channels.
- Understand and discuss all price related variances on a monthly and plan cycle basis.
- Attend routine planning meetings and Plan/LBE/LRP meetings with the brand team. Primary contact for brand team for any pricing related questions.
- Work with forecasting and commercial finance to present a consolidated net sales message.
- Additional ad-hoc project work and analysis.
There are no direct reports for this position. Rather, this position manages a complex and critical process. There is a significant individual contributor aspect to this position and requires a high level of communication with other teams and functional groups.
The incumbent is responsible for providing financial leadership to the brand team in development of the Plans, LRPs and LBEs. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Pricing Accounting. The incumbent is expected to operate independently to accomplish the goals and responsibilities of the position; however constant alignment with the Sr. Manager is critical due to the nature of the role. In addition, the Manager has a high degree of freedom to independently set priorities so that both planned and unplanned departmental objectives are achieved. This position supports and communicates with all levels of operating and financial management on an on-going basis.
- 10+ years of progressive Accounting/Finance.
The candidate must also possess the following skill sets:
• The ability to interact with and support senior level management and to partner effectively and independently in a matrix organization.
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision making skills.
• Extensive interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills including a high energy level.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint technical and content strategy skills. TM1 knowledge is a plus.
• The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes.
• A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
• Open to new ideas, creative and utilizes value-added principles in approach.
Prefer experience in pricing, forecasting, or FP&A
BA/BS in Finance or Accounting. MBA/CPA preferred.